Friday, September 23, 2011

First Day of Autumn 2011

I feel the sadness and trepidation of a Season ending and a new one opening it's doors.

Autumn is here with its changing leaves, falling leaves, cooler night temps. No more swimming in the lake. I will probably try again to envelope myself in its cold arms so I can connect with the lake once again.

Autumn precedes Winter and I am dreading the length and intensity of Winter. It is too long. Wish that Autumn, Summer, Spring were the bulk of the Season and Winter just one month long. Is there such a place on this planet?

It looks pretty, a radiant palette of new colors. The pumpkins are in the fields ready for picking. The corn is ripe and ready for the table. The apples and pears are ripe enough for consumption and the pleasure of viewing.

It is raining once again and a day of clouds for this first day of Autumn. The melancholy character of those aspects reiterate my sadness.

No comments:

Post a Comment